Monday, January 24, 2005
Welcome
Welcome to the Kwok Family Blog, we will try and update you with things that are going on in our lives. Here is an old picture of us (from 2001) as we have been leading very busy lives over the past few years, so we haven't had a family picture in a while (or at least one that I had on my computer, as one was taken this September at our parent's anniversary party)
The Kwok Family
Here are some updates on each of us:
Sophie and Peter:
Sophie is still working for the Ottawa School Board in two different schools. She is enjoying the job which is not too stressful and has all the school holidays.
Peter is working on a contract for a federal government department in Hull until sometime in July 2005. Because of "work", I will not be able to downhill ski as much as I did last year....but we don't have that much snow in Ottawa anyway.
Both of us are doing Square Dancing every Wednesday night. It is an opportunity for us to do things together and meet some new people. We are also doing some Chinese exercise together...It is called "Luk Tung Kuen"
Julie:
I quit my job at Alcatel in August so that I could go back to school to get my Master's. I am currently in my second semester at Ottawa University doing my Master's in Human Kinetics - Sports Administration which is a big difference than Systems Design Engineering, but it is quite interesting and I am having fun. Although I am still adjusting to student life again, which is difficult after working for the past three years. Here is a link to my own blog...which I try and update every couple of weeks.
Damian:
I am currently working on my Master's of Applied Science in Systems Design Engineering here at the University of Waterloo. I plan on finishing school by the end of the summer, at which point I hope to join the work force. Apart from working on my thesis, I also have a lot of fun playing soccer, ultimate, tennis, squash, skiing and chilling with my undergraduate friends.
Francis:
I took two years off of university (I was studying Mechanical Engineering) to do ministry work with NET. During that time, I realized that I wasn't suppose to be doing engineering so when I finished, I enrolled into Religious studies. After I graduate I hope to go to Teachers College to be able to teach middle school (gr.7-9). I also work at Divine Infant parish where I am an associate youth minister. I occassionally lead mass (with my guitar) and I enjoy it thoroughly. I love to play sports and I believe that is all...Cheers!
Sophie and Peter:
Sophie is still working for the Ottawa School Board in two different schools. She is enjoying the job which is not too stressful and has all the school holidays.
Peter is working on a contract for a federal government department in Hull until sometime in July 2005. Because of "work", I will not be able to downhill ski as much as I did last year....but we don't have that much snow in Ottawa anyway.
Both of us are doing Square Dancing every Wednesday night. It is an opportunity for us to do things together and meet some new people. We are also doing some Chinese exercise together...It is called "Luk Tung Kuen"
Julie:
I quit my job at Alcatel in August so that I could go back to school to get my Master's. I am currently in my second semester at Ottawa University doing my Master's in Human Kinetics - Sports Administration which is a big difference than Systems Design Engineering, but it is quite interesting and I am having fun. Although I am still adjusting to student life again, which is difficult after working for the past three years. Here is a link to my own blog...which I try and update every couple of weeks.
Damian:
I am currently working on my Master's of Applied Science in Systems Design Engineering here at the University of Waterloo. I plan on finishing school by the end of the summer, at which point I hope to join the work force. Apart from working on my thesis, I also have a lot of fun playing soccer, ultimate, tennis, squash, skiing and chilling with my undergraduate friends.
Francis:
I took two years off of university (I was studying Mechanical Engineering) to do ministry work with NET. During that time, I realized that I wasn't suppose to be doing engineering so when I finished, I enrolled into Religious studies. After I graduate I hope to go to Teachers College to be able to teach middle school (gr.7-9). I also work at Divine Infant parish where I am an associate youth minister. I occassionally lead mass (with my guitar) and I enjoy it thoroughly. I love to play sports and I believe that is all...Cheers!
